Great Hill Solutions, LLC (GHS) is a Tribally-owned Native American company participating in the U.S. SBA 8(a) Business Development Program. GHS offers a portfolio of services to both our government and commercial clients.
Contracting Advantages with a Native American 8(a) Company
SGS has several exemptions under the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Code of Federal Regulations (CFR):
- Special Exemptions – Tribal entities have a special set of rules under the 8(a) Program, excluding exemptions for lifetime contract limits (13CFR124.109; 13CFR519(a)(1)).
- Exemption from Competitive Thresholds – Tribal (8(a) businesses are exempt from the Competitive Threshold of $4M for Services Contracts and $6.5M for Manufacturing Contracts (FAR 19.805-1(b)(2); 13CFR124.311(b)).
- Direct Negotiated Contract – A Government Agency may contract directly with an 8(a) Tribal entity…and the entity may receive a directly negotiated contract regardless of dollar amount (13CFR124.506(b)).
- No Award Dollar Limit – An 8(a) Tribal entity is not subject to the same dollar limitations on directly negotiated contracts as other non-native entities (13CFR124.506(b)).
- No Protest of Award – The eligibility of a participant for a directly negotiated award many not be challenged by another participant or any other party, either to the SBA or any administrative forum as part of a bid or other contract protest (3CFR124.517(a)).
- SDB and Native Credits – Federal agencies contracting to a 8(a) Tribal entity may claim SDB and Native American credits (13CFR124.105 and .109), states and localities where Seneca conducts business.